1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo -nope

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by artbot, Mar 29, 2012.

1. An utter diaster-especially the second interview-we are very flat right now and... I begin to wonder why we should carry on-the seocnd interview was a circus all sorts of humilating "activities"...Sometimes I really cant understand what to do....I feel it will always be "this"...

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh artbot!
    Second interview. Was that for you or your wife?
    Either way, yes one does feel disappointed and raw after a disappointment at interview. I find it takes a few days to 'bounce back' and if one has no work, it can 'creep up on you' at times.
    HOWEVER, you did get interviews, which is very positive. if you pop along to the Flowers . . . thread I'll see if I can't ger a virtual bouquet from 'down under' to cheer you both up.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

4. Yes -thanks for that-Yes it was for Mrs Artbot who was very upset (crying etc) which got me quite annoyed as the "interview" was a circus-Doing all sorts of humilating activities that inlcuded being interviewed by the children!!!?? Is this right? Should we reveal the school? it was totally unacceptable-I think she just missed out on the 1st one as she was an NQT-cheaper? Sorry Theo we are trying-I felt we had let you down somewhat....

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I am appalled that the interviewing was arranged so insensitively that Mrs A was actually in tears. I'm not surprised that this was annoying for you - in similar circumstances I would have been red-hot-mad too.
    Nothing should be humiliating for candidates, I'm surprised, very surprised, that a school should be putting people through humiliating events. I can only presume that they did not realise how their selection procedures would come across to the candidates.
    A school council interview, by the way, is not all that unusual, but normally the kids are carefully selected, and the questions are either vetted beforehand or actually just given to them, so that there are no loose-cannon questions thrown at the candidates.
    I'm really sorry that there was a breakdown in the arrangements here that managed to upset your other half so very much.
    This should be the last thing on your mind! Tisn't true anyway, not letting me down. What you need to do is look after poor Mrs A today until she can forget the whole horrid experience.
    Kindest regards to you both
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

6. Yes you are right Theo-We are having a rest today but we have x3 more applications in and more over the break-so we will keep are heads up. I will tell you how that goes-We are also looking at the QTS which came in this week-we have to get a confirmation letter from australia and then apply-so at least that is good news! In fact its amazing-
    its been such a problem for us....

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes indeed!
    So it's not all gloom, after all.
    Very best wishes to you both