1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - no more than 2 sides

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by dizzymai, Apr 14, 2012.

1. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

I don;t understand your question but I think you are asking if you send 3 sides, will they bin your app? I would say no. They are asking for a letter of no more than 2 sides. the ES is extra, they haven't asked for it but you send it anyway. It's extra! Along with a very well written letter following all of TGs advice.
    Bob's your uncle.

2. That was what I'm asking - will they bin the application or maybe just the ES

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

Can you send the ES separately as a clear added extra, so not tacked on to the letter?

I'm assuming you are emailing, so email the letter as one attachment and the ES as another.

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Hopefully just the latter as being 'surplus to requirements'.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

All polished and ready to go!
    If your letter is clearly a letter and two sides, so far so good. I usually suggest tagging the E.S. on to the end of the letter - it's a three-page document, but only a two-page letter. By having it on the end, it gets printed out automatically so they get to see it even if they then throw it away.
    Minnie's suggestion of sending it as a separate attachment has the advantage of not making the letter seem to be 3 pages if a school is picky, but they might not print it.
    I would have thought not, but a poster some time ago said that when she asked for feedback, she was told that by having sent something they hadn't asked for, they rejecyed her application. I was flabbergasted at that, because the aim of an appointment procedure is to get the best possible teacher for your pupils, and automatically throwing out someone on such a slim justification seems like cutting off your nose to spite your face. My suspicion is that this was just one of those What can we say in feedback? examples.
    So, looking into my nice shiny crystal ball, it tells me that it cannot guarantee what the school will think, but points out that TG personally has never heard anything but praise from schools about using the executive summary. The crystal ball is also shining very strongly as it says that the only way out of that job at Asda is to go on with the applications, and congratulates you for that.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.