1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- Nitty gritty's of application, page numbers, name etc

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by f.a.b, Jun 1, 2011.

1. Hi all,

I keep reading over and over again the following small details that are essential on an application form:

> page numbers
    > name on each page

right...but then

> don't change their format

everytime I try to insert page numbers, the whole document gets shifted.

The one I am working on at the moment, it already has a long footer at the bottom and details in the header...soo if I try to type my name in it shifts the original format

Is it professional to just write my name in pen and the page numbers as obviously this will make life a lot easier and will not alter the electronic format?

Looking forward to your response.

Many Thanks.

2. Hi all,

I keep reading over and over again the following small details that are essential on an application form:

> page numbers
    > name on each page

right...but then

> don't change their format

everytime I try to insert page numbers, the whole document gets shifted.

The one I am working on at the moment, it already has a long footer at the bottom and details in the header...soo if I try to type my name in it shifts the original format

Is it professional to just write my name in pen and the page numbers as obviously this will make life a lot easier and will not alter the electronic format?

Looking forward to your response.

Many Thanks.

3. littlemissraw

littlemissraw Occasional commenter

Why is your footer long?
    You could try using tables to keep everything in place? Just make sure you set the borders to 0. x