1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: New Job & salary etiquette

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Jun 10, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hey - this is a Dear Theo - I got the job! thread in disguise!
    You're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!
    If you are a NQT you will begin at the bottom on M1. Nowadays times are tough, so don't expect any more. They will know if there any allowances to be paid - you don't have to ask for them. So all will be clear - and fair - in the offer letter.
    Well done!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Congratulations on the job!
    As to pay look at the TES teachers pay scales, you'll start as an NQT, usually level 1. SEN is only applicable if it's an SEN school.
    You might do better posting this on Pay and Conditions.

3. Thankyou Theo & Lara! My job is in the special school I have worked at as an LSA so Im guessing I would get SEN 1 allowance on top of M1?

Thanks for suggesting the pay forum, I will take a look!