1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DEAR THEO: Need help with ideas for a lesson observation for an interview next week!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Jun 15, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sorry about the last one, but full of hope for this next one.
    However, I can't give you any specific tips for it. Firstly because it's not a sensible policy - this is an open forum, I might tell you something and it could be seen by another candidate for the same job.
    But above all because I would be useless, I don't have the expertise to make any valuable suggestions here.
    However, I suggest that you get this book - order it now, you'll get it Friday. It's basically about how to prepare and deliver a lesson for observation - goes into differentiation very well. I think it's great.
    Best of luck! Looking forward to that new post Dear Theo - I got that job!

[​IMG]

I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Theo would always say he never gives advice or suggests others do but here are some pointers.
    If you're going to get the job, you'll need to get it on your own merits. So . . .
    You know your lesson obj. plan, sosomething you're confident with along those lines.
    Then look at some level 3 & 4 objs. to plan around & differntiate up & down.
    Remember to make instructions clear & simple for autistic & Downs Syndrome pupils.
    I wish you all the very best.

3. Thanks for the responses. Yep... looks like the ole strand tracking skills will be pushed to the limit for this one!
    Got some ideas now so fingers crossed!!
    Thanks again :)

4. Dear Theo - I got the job! lol. Thanks :)

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Wow, congratulations. Now go post that 'Dear Theo - I got the job!' in a new thread and get your shiny star!