1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - moving into Senior Leadership advice

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by enucbx, Jul 6, 2015.

1. Dear TheoGriff,

I am a very experienced Middle Leader who is looking to move into SLT in the next year or so and was wondering if you could recommend any courses etc that would help me with the interview process and securing a role.

I noticed that you led a weekend workshop 'Moving into Headship or SLT' some time ago and wondered whether this was running again or courses that are similar?

Many Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Hullo there, hope you are enjoying the last few days of term.

Yes, these used to be done, but TES decided to move into a new direction with its training, so these were discontinued. Pity, I used to enjoy meeting the aspiring leaders!

https://www.tes.co.uk/courses

Pity, I used to enjoy meeting the aspiring leaders!

I'm afraid that I;m not aware of any other courses of this type. Sorry I can't be more helpful.

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

3. Thank you TheoGriff - that is a shame to hear though, it sounds as though it would have been very useful indeed!

4. jarndyce

jarndyce Occasional commenter

The HMC offers something like this. hmcpd.arlo.co/.../5-preparing-for-senior-leadership

Intended for independent schools, however - although given you're paying £280, I wonder if they really would turn away non-independent school teachers!

Aha - just remembered Osiris. Quite a few on here:

osiriseducational.co.uk/browse.html

"The Perfect Assistant Head", "The Perfect Deputy Head".

As a HoD, every term I get a thick envelope from lots of different providers, full of flyers for various courses - I'm sure you get the same. Stuff related to senior leadership might well not appear there, as I think they just send you stuff relevant to your subject (and maybe a few generic courses, NQT stuff, and so on) - but if you go on their websites you'll be able to see the full range.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Excellent - thank you for that Jarndyce!

Best wishes

Meet Theo on line on the TES JobSeekers Forum, where she answers jobseeking and careers queries regularly each week.

6. Thank you this! I will look into these in more detail

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

There are also some excellent books on Amazon. I like Tweak to Transform

Best wishes