1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo-More than one job advertised

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Feb 4, 2012.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I now realise that i know this school very well.
    It's on the outskirts of Marbella, on the road to Fuengirola. Originally the site was that of a small hotel, and some of the classrooms are in the original chalet-style hotel rooms. Very attractive.
    Since then, under the guiding light of an excellent Director, it has grown in numbers and premises, with some excellent ICT and Science blocks.
    There is a pecking order among the schools in this area and this is near or at the top, with excellent exam results. Student population very international, cosmopolitan and very affluent. The sixth formers have much better cars than the teachers!
    I realise that I have overdone the word excellent. Substitute another of your choice, but it reflects my view of this school.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

2. maireadmairead

maireadmairead New commenter

Oh, sounds amazing, I don't know if I could feel at home in such a place. Will send the application and see, it's very confusing though. If you have time maybe you could have a look at it? I would really appreciate it.

http://www.eicmarbella.org/downloads/teacher_application_form.pdf

I'm confused mainly on two parts

1. additional information
    2. commitment to extra curricular programme

no 2 I wrote the things I would be available to do extra curricular, i.e. ict and drama, i could put more but there's no room!

and then for no 1 i feel it could be a repeat of no 2? I'm not sure what to put in that box

Sorry if this message is a bit muddled, but so is my head :-o

thanks again

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Sorry, Mairead pronounced to rhyme with parade . . . Sorry, but no, I can't give individualised advice like that.
    |Once I started I'd never stop, and Mrs TG would never get me to wash up for her . . .
    Good luck
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

4. Anonymous

Anonymous New commenter

Mairead, have you also looked at the other school on the Costa del sol that's looking KS1/2 (i think) I don't know how the wages compare to the one you are talking about but I knew people who were happy there.

5. maireadmairead

maireadmairead New commenter

Theo, No problem at all, Thank you

Lorrie, Yeah I want to apply to all the schools in Spain, it's just that the one I mentioned has their closing date first

Thanks