1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - more than 2 pages?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by supply slave, Apr 11, 2012.

1. I only ask this as the advert doesn't specify a maximum and I really want this job. So I'm going to town on this letter and can see it will come out at something like 2.5 pages.Wadya think?

2. I suspect Theo will say no more than two pages and he does have a lot of experience. I can only say from my experience I have been interviewed for each job I have applied for and been successful with a 3 page personal statement. Having said thatI have followed the rest of Theo's advice on shortlisting to the note and it has been brilliant, particularly the executive summary. I guess the page thing just comes down to the individual selection panels...maybe I have just been lucky.
    Hope this helps

3. My apologies for the wadya - I have absolutely no idea what came over me. Perhaps now is the time to jack it in for the night - I have a very nice Chianti Classico just waiting to be savoured.I have sweated enough blood for one night methinks

4. dizzymai

dizzymai New commenter

I quite liked the wadya. Enjoy the chianti. I am going for a G and T.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The thing is . . .
    The thing is that . . .
    The thing is that shortlisters are human. And when we see an application which is in tiny type. Or has got thin margins top, bottom and sides. Or goes over 2 pages (unless a SLT post), then our hearts tend to drop.
    Two sides only, plenty of white space, looks good, makes us want to read it, and we start with a happy heart.
    Best wishes