1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- more questions :(!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Apr 14, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

[​IMG])!
    1. One of the essential criteria bits is Knowledge of what constitutes quality in educational provision and strategies for raising standards in the achievenment pf pupils. I have no idea what this means[​IMG]!<font size="1" face="Helvetica"></font>
    <font size="1" face="Helvetica"></font>2. OK so don't laugh at me for this question[​IMG], so do I just leave this out? Anyway even if I was, how would I be able to show that I was confident - or is this one of those personal things that you can't show?!
    3. One of the applications asks for a hand written letter again - -arrrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhh[​IMG] - does this mean that you can actually scan something you have hand written - I'm not very good at scanning?
    4. (This is a silly one) Please could you ask schools to stop making me send in applications with hand written letters as I think this is discriminating against left handed people, and should be put in the equality act thingy [​IMG]?!
    Thank you[​IMG]!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oh, not <u>another</u> handwritten letter, welshchocoholic.[​IMG]But then they say you can send it electronically? Yes, you can scan a document or a signature into another document, but it does sound slightly odd to me to ask you to do that.
    Theo is of course much better to give advice, but as to
    2 confidence. Of course you have confidence! Perhaps a little under-confident in interview situations and when trying to 'sing your own praises' in applications. <u>Anyone</u> who can go into a school known to be difficult, with a class full of 'naughty' children, who scare away supply teachers <u>has</u> confidence, believe me.

3. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

You do know what that means, once it is translated into normal people speak. It just means that you know what good teaching (not just lessons, but everything that contributes) is and what you need to do to ensure children make good progress. That's it.

I leave out stuff like 'confidence', 'sense of humour' and all that nonsense.

If they want handwritten letters it means I don't apply...

4. welshchocoholic1

Thank you both for your replies [​IMG]!
    I know you leave soh out, but wasn't sure of confidence. I will leave this out then!
    Haha - this is why I do do them -hoping that everyone else has the same idea as you, so less people apply [​IMG]!!
    Thank you - I am stil having a mental block though[​IMG] - so am going to go away do something else, and then come back again!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, a very helpful reply there; in fact two.
    About the hand-written letter to be sent by e-mail (!!!), I suggest that you:
    a) type it out
    b) very neatly hand-write what you have typed out, using a lined sheet held in place with bulldog clips or similar to get the lines straight.
    c) e-mail the typed letter with your application form etc., but putting at the end of it: electronic version of hand-written letter which is in the post.
    d) post the hand-written one, making sure that your name is clearly on it.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

6. welshchocoholic1

Thank you [​IMG]!
    I don't think I should do any more applications - I think I'm VERY allergic to them, and my brain is definitely NOT working today[​IMG].
    Jut googled these so now I know what they are[​IMG]
    Have done a and b so have to do c and d!
    Tahsk yoc gain [​IMG]!

7. welshchocoholic1

Oh dear that's not what I meant! I meant thank you again. I give up[​IMG]!
    I'm sorry for being such a pain! I think I should ban myself for asking too many questions!!

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

No, don't do that. There will be others who want to know the answer and will be only too grateful you've asked first.

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I quite liked that . . .
    No. because it helps other people to see the answers to what they were just about to ask.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

10. welshchocoholic1

Haha - it sounds Swedish[​IMG]!
    I bet they wouldn't ask stupid questions like me. In real life I wouldn't dare ask anything - you woudn't even hear me speak [​IMG]!
    Anyway hope you are all having a lovely weekend - seeing as it's NOT sunday! [​IMG]

11. minnieminx

minnieminx New commenter

LOL I ask way stupider ones! And ones that if only I stopped think properly with my brain and not my emotions I would already know the answer to.