1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

dear theo - mindmapping

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by NQT08, Feb 15, 2016.

1. NQT08

NQT08 Occasional commenter

I've applied for a job to start at Easter but wanted to ask if I should start mind mapping now or wait until I hear if I have an interview or not? Hoping to hear back next week if I am shortlisted.
    The time between shortlisting and interview is short - Tuesday shortlisting with a Thursday interview so it wouldn't give me much chance from getting a call from the school.
    As it is just before the resignation deadline, this would be my last chance to leave for Easter so if I were to do the mind mapping and not get an interview, it would be wasted as I would forget it all by the time I applied for another job. (yes, I could keep my mind maps and re-look but I wouldn't retain the information as well as I would if I had recently wrote it down)
    Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

How much do you want this job?

Prepared to give up a bit of half term to try and get it? Even if it's wasted?

:)

Best wishes

3. NQT08

NQT08 Occasional commenter

So, it looks like I've not got an interview.
    Feel like packing it all in at the minute and trying something new.
    Feeling very demoralised.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, it's always very demoralising and depressing.

Feel free to eat it al in one go

[​IMG]

Best wishes