1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

DEAR THEO mental/oral observation

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by JanJan8989, May 3, 2012.

1. I am a NQT and have 15mins to impress the panel doing a mental/oral starter with a class of 30, mixed ability year 3 children (level 1B to 3B- including a few characters). Please can you give me some advice?! Should I have 3 different sets of questioning going on for the differentiation etc?! I then also have to hand in a lesson plan which would have linked to my mental/oral activity.... HELP! Thanks

2. I am a NQT and have 15mins to impress the panel doing a mental/oral starter with a class of 30, mixed ability year 3 children (level 1B to 3B- including a few characters). Please can you give me some advice?! Should I have 3 different sets of questioning going on for the differentiation etc?! I then also have to hand in a lesson plan which would have linked to my mental/oral activity.... HELP! Thanks

3. Sillow

Sillow Senior commenter

You should use a range of questioning, yes, to determine those children who might need extending or support during the lesson. It depends what topic you're doing, but make sure not all the questions are closed.