1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, memberships?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by natalia2008, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Hi Theo,
    nearly got my application how I want it. However 2 questions, (am very sorry to keep asking)
    This is a genereal application for NQTS, phase leaders etc, and...

1) on this application form it asks for memberships- membership name and level and number, does this apply to me? Is this unions? I haven't come across this before.

2) It has 4 job boxes in the employment histroy (I guess more also for Phase Leaders than NQTs?). Do they want me to put my school placements here, or do they want my actual jobs. As I had a year out between sixth form and uni, and I did work , so I should put that somewhere to show no gaps in my history?

I hope that makes some sense!

Thankyou once again Theo!

2. Hi Theo,
    nearly got my application how I want it. However 2 questions, (am very sorry to keep asking)
    This is a genereal application for NQTS, phase leaders etc, and...

1) on this application form it asks for memberships- membership name and level and number, does this apply to me? Is this unions? I haven't come across this before.

2) It has 4 job boxes in the employment histroy (I guess more also for Phase Leaders than NQTs?). Do they want me to put my school placements here, or do they want my actual jobs. As I had a year out between sixth form and uni, and I did work , so I should put that somewhere to show no gaps in my history?

I hope that makes some sense!

Thankyou once again Theo!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It's nice to have numbers, thanks!
    Q1 No, not unions - never have union membership in an application. But GTC for example (write GTC - pending if you haven't got it yet.) Plus any professional things - Geographical Society etc.
    Q2 Yes, they normally mean actual employment, but as a NQT looking for first post you can put TP in here, making it claer that it's a placement. Don't put it in once you've got a job and are applying for another school later on.
    Just group your oddments like this: A variety of temporary posts in retail and hospitality while saving to go to University. That'll cover Tesco and McD!

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

4. That covers exactly everything I need to know. Thankyou! However, I forgot to ask this question earlier.....
    Q3) It asks me to sign the application form, and I have decided to email the application form, as opposed to handing it in. Would it be acceptable to scan my signature in and put the signature into the "sign here" box?

A million thankyous Theo!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

That's what I'd do. If they feel they need a real one, they can ask you to sign it again on interview day.
    Fingers crossed!
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

6. great, thankyou!