1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, letter of application but no job spec!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by kayteekay, May 8, 2012.

1. I would like to apply to a job I have seen advertised but there is no job spec nor a person spec given! What do I base my letter on and how can I do an exec summary with no information on what the school is looking for? The only information given is the school website where the vacancy isn't even advertised. I can't even find anything about their department!
    I have read the sticky but I am having difficulty with what to put in and what to take out as there is nothing to help me 'showcase' my experience, iykwim.
    Please help!

2. I would like to apply to a job I have seen advertised but there is no job spec nor a person spec given! What do I base my letter on and how can I do an exec summary with no information on what the school is looking for? The only information given is the school website where the vacancy isn't even advertised. I can't even find anything about their department!
    I have read the sticky but I am having difficulty with what to put in and what to take out as there is nothing to help me 'showcase' my experience, iykwim.
    Please help!