1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo.. latest & advice pls!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by LucSki, May 2, 2012.

1. Hi,
    iIve not posted in a while as I've been pottering away and had a bit of a 'crisis week' last week. Just had along weekend away (while I am able!) and ready to get back to it!
    I have bitten the bullet and decided to try some supply work although i'm petrified!
    Anyway I have agency interviews tomorrow and Friday; one for a teaching agency and one for childcare.
    The good news is... as soon as I got off the phone to the agency, the Independant school that I was runner up for in interview called and asked me to go on thier supply books! They reiterated (sp!) how close the interview was and how difficult it was to choose, yada yada.. so seeing them on Friday too.
    so my question(s)
    1. how should I phrase the 3 job extravaganza on my application form?
    1.b. Do I choose one as a main employer?
    1.c. Would it be best to choose the Independant school as the main employer?
    2. Im assuming I keep my previous permanant post as my most recent referee, until I have more experience with other schools.
    Im sure I have more questions but cant think of them right now!
    Thanks for any input! x

2. Hi,
    iIve not posted in a while as I've been pottering away and had a bit of a 'crisis week' last week. Just had along weekend away (while I am able!) and ready to get back to it!
    I have bitten the bullet and decided to try some supply work although i'm petrified!
    Anyway I have agency interviews tomorrow and Friday; one for a teaching agency and one for childcare.
    The good news is... as soon as I got off the phone to the agency, the Independant school that I was runner up for in interview called and asked me to go on thier supply books! They reiterated (sp!) how close the interview was and how difficult it was to choose, yada yada.. so seeing them on Friday too.
    so my question(s)
    1. how should I phrase the 3 job extravaganza on my application form?
    1.b. Do I choose one as a main employer?
    1.c. Would it be best to choose the Independant school as the main employer?
    2. Im assuming I keep my previous permanant post as my most recent referee, until I have more experience with other schools.
    Im sure I have more questions but cant think of them right now!
    Thanks for any input! x

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on those interviews!
    Q1 If I knew what on earth you were referring to, I might be able to answer this. [​IMG]
    Q2 Yes
    Best wishes

4. Apologies,
    It made sense in my head!
    I will be doing temporary work for 2 agencies and a school over this term, however I will still be applying for jobs for September.
    Which do I state when writing 'most recent post' as there will be 3!
    Is it best to put the school supply as the main employer rather than agencies?
    Hope this makes a little more sense! [​IMG]

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It is always best to avoid putting an agency as a referee if it casn possibly be avoided. They often write minimal references, e.g.
    We confirm that Mr Theo Griff has been employed by us as a supply teacher since January 2012.
    That's it. The lot. Well, they might just add what you teach.
    Best wishes