1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, Lara and all. Flight report!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Patontheback, Jan 30, 2012.

1. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

There was severe turbulance on take off when I was thrown by the first question 'how would you contribute to the school development plan?' I didn't do a good job but I am not disappointed as I only applied because I need a job like everyone else. It certainly would not be my dream job in my dream school and today I did not feel comfortable in the school or with the interviewers. I didn't take the day off so I have 6 interview days left to take and I am definately signing up for one of Theo's workshops. And you may be sure I will have something fascinating to say about my invaluable contribution to the school development plan at the next interview!!!!!

2. Patontheback

Oh and they won't give me the result for a while. The pemanent staff in my school waited 3 weeks to hear.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Obviously one of those 'cheap flights' which turn out to be cheap but not so pleasant. Doesn't sound as if 'the firm' would be right for you anyway.
    You have learnt from the experience- mind you next time it will be a different question which may 'throw ' you!
    If you take a look at this thread Flowers . . . perhaps there's been a delivery especially for you

?

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

So what have you learned from that?
    1) To have looked at the SDP before interview
    2) If not, to say "I would contribute by the quality of my teaching which would raise achievement for all the pupils in my class." That's bound to be part of the SDP.
    *Oops*
    Shouldn't have said that - we have a rule that we don't give interview answers here, but to be honest, this is a no-brainer.
    So we're currently still on the ground then?
    [​IMG]
    Saturday Feb 25th - don't leave it too late as they get booked up quite fast once they are on the system and open for bookings.
    P.S. you had definitely, definitely, better check your favourite spelling mistakes before then . . .
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com

5. Patontheback

Thanks Theo! And the plane is definitely brilliant, really funny.......

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

7. dominant_tonic

dominant_tonic Established commenter

Sorry it didn't go so well for you OP :-( But you got to interview, that's one up on me. You must be doing something right :)

[​IMG]
    March it is, though if a good supply month am going to book 1-2-1. If not, seminar it is.

8. Patontheback

I was applying for my own job which I've had since September in the school we will amalgamate with next year so it was easier to get an interview as the job was only open to the two schools. I was probably the only candidate! But I was glad to have the interview practice.

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Better that than "I'm Thom, Fly me!"
    :)

10. Patontheback

Hee hee! Yes, Frequent Flier suggests a jobseeker who gets lots of interviews........