1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - knowledge of national strategies

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by broadshoulders, Mar 7, 2011.

1. broadshoulders

broadshoulders New commenter

Hi Theo
    I am filling out an application form there is no space for an executive summary but I have been asked to write a seperate letter of application. I am relating this to the person and job specification. In the job specification it is asking for knowledge of national strategies for key stage 2. I am aware of national strategies and I know that some are more relevant to some schools than others. How many do I have to refer to?
    I was thinking of talking about a few that I have experienced and what I know about them, but unsure on which ones to talk about. Should I speak to the head teacher and ask which national stategies they are using at present?
    Thank you in advance

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

sepArate, lad, sepArate.
    Or lass.
    I would not advise writing a letter about your knowledge of national strategies. How boring.
    Just include this in your executive summary.
    Knowledge of national strategies for KS2. 2 years successful teaching year 5 at St Mary's School. or Two successful teaching practices Yrs 4 and 5 at St Mary's School.
    Then write your letter about other things. have you read the shortlisting clickables inside the Welcome thread? Jolly useful!
    Best of luck

There is now another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop17.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!