1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - job through a recruitment agency

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Not sure when Theo will be back for a reply but for now. . .
    Not sure of all the ramifications of Heyes recruitment advertisements afraid, my LA still has it's own list & doesn't have any agencies, but from reading other posts it seems posts garnered via an agency is beneficial to that agency, whether in the form of a bonus or other means I'm not sure.
    Is it a permenent position or an interview for supply? That will make a difference as to whom to contact.
    Hopefully someone with greater knowledge of agencies will be along to help you.
    Best of luck with it anyway.

2. Hi
    A friend of mine applied for a HT post that was handled by Hays; she even had a phone interview with a Hays consultant before she was shortlisted. So I think it is normal for them to contact you and handle the process at this stage. There will be someone from Hays there on the day watching everything that happens and advising the panel.
    If I were you I would contact him not the school - keep it fairly low key and just ask if there any further info. available for candidates at this stage.
    Good luck!!
    JB3