1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, job ops for NQTs

Discussion in 'Independent' started by topcat82, Jan 6, 2011.

1. Dear Theo
    Bit of a basic question this, I am currently completing a PGCE and was wondering if all Independents tend to advertise job ops on the tes site/paper or if I should hedge my bets and check the schools websites as well. Or is there even other websites which advertise positions purely for this sector? I don't want to miss any opportunities and I knwo most inde schools will be advertising now.

Thanks
    TC

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

How sensible to start jobseeking now!
    Yes, TES is where they advertise - unless it is very p-time when they might go for their local paper.
    You need to set up a JobAlert here on the TES website - go to Jobs on the horizontal menu to find out how.
    And also go to the Independent Forum, open the Welcome thread and read the FAQs etc inside.
    Here is some step-by-step info for how to go about job hunting as a PGCE student.
    <h3>What PGCE, GTP and BEd students want for Christmas is . . . </h3>Best wishes!

I shall be contributing to the Seminars on Saturday 8th January. TheoGriff Job Seminar
    Look forward to seeing you!