1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: Job application - references

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by rachymac, Nov 16, 2011.

1. I am currently a trainee teacher on a PGCE course and am applying for a job for September 2012. I was informed that I should name my current placement school as my current employer on the application form, however, I was wondering who I should name as the referee from this placement school? Nowhere does it say on the application form that it needs to be from the headteacher, but I know this is usually required. However, I haven't had much to do with the headteacher, and my HoD would be in a much better position to write this reference for me.

As it doesn't specifically ask for the reference to be from the headteacher, should I just write my HoD's details? Or should I put the headteacher's details and then she can ask him to advise her on it if she wants? (assuming I get that far in the application process, of course!)