1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Ive stopped getting interviews but my letter is still largly the same

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by bigfloorpie, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Do you think that it will get worse the longer I am away from full time teaching, is there a point when to just bow out?
    A note on the spelling, grammar etc, I know it is really poor, i thourghly check each application for mistakes. Apologies for writing so casually, I dont mean to offend.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

As long as (a) you are in touch with the classroom (usually through supply) and also (b) make a clear statement of how you are gaining, professionally, from this work, you should be able to make a good case for yourself.
    Dear Theo- work history too bitty and too much supply- help!
    No offence meant and none taken. But I do sometimes get concerned by the way some people, without realising it, write so casually that some others could be offended. It's rather like the difference between Tu and Vous in French.
    And there's my other point - do you do it so often that you become unaware of your errors? If so, this is not good for a teacher! There were, for example, 3 errors in your last paragraph above, when you were trying hard.
    Sorry to go on about it, but standard and formal writing needs to be natural to you too, as well as what you use with your friends.
    Very best wishes!
    There is now another seminar on Applying for Senior Leadership on 13th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop17.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!