1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, i've been away for a while but...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by s4mm13, Feb 22, 2012.

1. I have an actual bonafied job interview for a maternity cover!!
    Sorry I've been quiet, but it's not been a great start to the year, but it seems that things are on the way up.[​IMG]
    Only this week I was offered supply work as a CS til the end of the year and now this interview for a teaching position. I can't believe it!!
    I just wanted to share my happy news with all the people that have given me so much support.
    I shall now be checking out the interview tips (if i can hunt them out, they seem to have slipped down the thread somewhat) and bump them up and routing through my notes from the seminar!!
    Got my fingers and toes crossed
    S4mm13

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I remember you!
    Great news about the interview - and loads of tips and hints (including Middlemarch's very helpful post about mind maps) are in the interview clickables in the Welcome thread.
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

s4mm13I have an actual bonafide job interview for a maternity cover!!'
    Great news. Wiil try and add you to the Interview reminders thread at the weekend-if I remember that far along.

4. Theo and Lara, Thank you so much for your replies.
    I've got much planning to do before Monday (they don't give you long!!)
    Now things seem to be settling down, personally, I shall try and be a more active member of our supportive 'little' community.
    :eek:)

5. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Congratulations S4mm13 [​IMG]. Fingers crossed for you!

6. It's been a very difficult start to the year with the passing of a family member and close family friend, along with a house move, but things seem to be settling down and picking up which is giving me much hope.
    Now everything is settling, i can be a bit more active here again. Looking forward to being a part of the community again :eek:)

7. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Really sorry to hear that. Glad things are picking up for you. x

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Welcome back s4mm13 her's a little 'cheer you up floral delivery especially for you.
    <h3>Flowers . . .</h3>