1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo invited for interview again at same school

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by toffeegirl, May 12, 2009.

1. Thank you, that's really helpful! I was just reading the Ofsted Criteria as well, so the lesson could be pretty perfect too!!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I feel good about this one!

3. A few more to apply for, no outstanding interviews as yet. pretty confident I can get the interviews, its the job which is more tricky!
    How are you doing? It's good to at least chat to people in the same boat and nice to hear positive words. :)

4. Professor Dumbledore

Professor Dumbledore New commenter

I have an interview on Wednesday which I desperately want. I actually am on a one year contract and went for my own job and didn't get it recently, it was awful. However, I threatened union involvement for serious malpractice over the interview process, which was difficult. Still, I got a guaranteed spot on reference, which I've now seen and it was lovely.
    TBH, the atmosphere at my school is so unpleasant I really want to get out. So can't wait for Wednesday. Have you had many interviews?

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm sorry about this, ToffeeG. But you're right that now you start again - and from a better starting point, as you know now just how good you are.
    Best wishes

6. Right, another interview tomorrow and I've had a few days to recover the last one!
    This one tomorrow is at a middle school for y5, sounds ok and i don't have to teach a lesson, so we'll see!

7. Professor Dumbledore

Cool! Year 5 are the best, I reckon. Let us know how it goes!

8. It went really well!!! I feel good about this one, they will call about 6 apparently!

Fingers and toes crossed!

9. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I shan´t be here at six to hear the news . . . but am looking forward to awarding you that Sparkling Star.

10. Sorry Theo, not good news. They had an 'outstanding candidate to took them by surprise ' and who spoke about ten languages or something. Oh well :(

11. Professor Dumbledore

Damn! [​IMG]
    Are you a NQT? I was last year (So I'm not exactly the voice of experience, I know) but I got my job about 3 days before the Summer holidays. Jobs WILL keep coming up and you WILL get better with each interview. You must have a good application letter to keep getting the interviews. Where roughly are you in the country, if you don't mind me asking?

12. worcestershire and gloucestershire is where I've been applying. Yes, I'm an NQT but I've completed some of it now, I wonder if I'm assuming they know too much in the interviews, or they are expecting too much? I'm not sure I'm improving with each one!!
    All the heads seem to give me different feedback, but twice i've been told I don't 'sell myself' enough and reflect how good my references and application are, so on paper I look like the dogs bits but not in the flesh it seems. How can I change that???

13. You sound like you could be me toffeegirl!!!
    I'm an NQT with some of the induction completed, I seem to have a good application but I've also been told that I don't sell myself enough in interviews.
    How you can change that? - I wish I knew!!! Then maybe I would have a job.
    How many interviews have you had?

14. oh god i don't even want to count.. lets see. to get my fist temp post i had about 9, more recentlyI've had 6.. oh dear!!!

15. Definitely could be me!! I've had about 15 but I've lost count too!!!
    Good Luck with future applications [​IMG]

16. but how long before it comes along! Surely this many interviews is unusual??

17. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I know someone who got a Headship - in an outstanding school - at the 13th try . . .

18. Thank you again! I know I'm not doing anything wrong from the feedback, but its such a horrible feeling when you get that knockback.
    I will hopefully have some more interviews lined up soon, so lets hope I get something for september and I can have a more relaxing summer!
    [​IMG]

19. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

20. Wow I know this post is a few years old now, but it sounds a bit like me! I qualified in summer 2010. My first interview was at a school I really liked, but I didn't get the job. The head told me that they were impressed with my teaching, and that I was second choice - a more experiencd candidate got the job.
    Since then, almost two years (!) I have only had four further interviews and no job offer, and have been doing supply. In February I got sent to work on supply at this particular school for 5 weeks. I loved it! I seemed to just fit in with children and staff. At the end of my supply time the HT told me about a job that was going to be dvertised and 'suggested that I apply.' I duly applied and was informed yesterday that I have an interview next week. The HT said that she doesn't need me to do an observed lesson as she 'already knows what sort of teacher I am.' I really don't know if this is a bad or good thing.
    The HT certainly seems to have implied to me that she is keen to have me on the teaching staff, but I am concerned about how to win the governors over, especially as they already interviewed me, and effectively rejected me 18 months ago.
    I really want the job badly, but at the same point don't want to make a fool of myself by going through the same scenario with the governors. Help! am I overanalyzing all of this?
    Thanks