1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Intray exercise, what I was asked to do (might help those who ask)

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Bobby_Carrot, May 10, 2011.

1. Hi all
    Had an interview today and it had an in tray exercise. Lets of people have asked about these so this is what I was asked to do. Basically sort a group of children into their literacy and numeracy groups based on their levels and then explain how you had grouped them. Then there was a series of questions (4 or 5 I can't remember exactly) that had to be completed. Scenario with child protection/safeguarding, a parent and two other 'what would you do if' questions. All a bit artificle like most interview situations really. I can't remember the exact details now as my mind is swimming.
    (Still waiting to here but will know by tonight).

2. That's hear, obviously! D'oh!

3. Patontheback

Patontheback New commenter

Did you get the job?????? I had an interview yesterday too and my head swam too! Still waiting to hear bit pretty sure I made a mess of it but have learnt a lot for next time.

4. vou

vou

Best of luck to both of you! :)

5. No I didn't get the job but didn't want it if I am honest. Tbh I almost left at lunchtime but stayed for the interview practice as I have two more interviews this week. They made all 7 candidates teach the same class over two days and we all taught the same thing with the same focus - so as last person to be seen by kids they just graoned at me. I thought organisation was very poor - children had not had a proper break and they had swapped name badges and the classroom was a bomb site because it hadn;t been tidied after the previous candidate (pencils all over the floor and equipment out).
    Head teacher had no involvement in observations at all.
    Has made me realise I could quite easily be out of the frying pan and into the fire LOL

6. I mean groaned - I need to use the preview button on these forums more often.... edit function please TES LOL