Dear Theo, Thank you for the advice in the welcome thread and on the forum - it is excellent and clearly works. I have recently applied for 4 jobs and have secured 3 interviews (the last application only closed on Friday). I didn't get the job at the 1st interview because they thought I should be applying for a move up instead of sideways. The second interview is Friday this week and the third is next Monday. The job I really want is the one that only closed on Friday and as I am in the incredibly fortunate poition of having a permanent job already I can afford to wait. I posted about this job on Friday as they have an open day for prospective parents and I was going to go along (option for eldest child). Now I know that if I had an interview for the job I really want that I would withdraw from the other two. If I don't I would attend the other interviews and see what happens. So my questions are 1. when is the latest I can withdraw from the other interviews without really annoying them? 2. When, if at all, should I contact the school I would like most and ask about shortlisting to enable me to withdraw from the other interviews if I needed to?