1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - interview withdrawal

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by anon999, Apr 18, 2012.

1. I find myself in a tricky situation and would appreciate any advice. I am an NQT and have been looking for jobs both teaching and non-teaching to start in September.
    I was invited to an interview for a maternity cover teaching post but the day before the interview I was offered a non-teaching job so I withdrew from the teaching interview.
    I have since decided not to accept the non-teaching job.
    The school extended the deadline and is still looking to fill the vacancy.
    Is it out of the question that I could call and ask to be interviewed despite having previously withdrawn?
    I realise this is quite a strange request as I had told them the reason for my withdrawal was due to another job offer.
    Sorry for the long post.
    Thanks

2. I find myself in a tricky situation and would appreciate any advice. I am an NQT and have been looking for jobs both teaching and non-teaching to start in September.
    I was invited to an interview for a maternity cover teaching post but the day before the interview I was offered a non-teaching job so I withdrew from the teaching interview.
    I have since decided not to accept the non-teaching job.
    The school extended the deadline and is still looking to fill the vacancy.
    Is it out of the question that I could call and ask to be interviewed despite having previously withdrawn?
    I realise this is quite a strange request as I had told them the reason for my withdrawal was due to another job offer.
    Sorry for the long post.
    Thanks

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, you could indeed contact them and explain the situation.
    Tell them that you were anxious about getting a permanent job, but then realised that your heart is in teaching, so have now re-considered your situation and would now wish to be considered alongside other applicants for their post.
    They can do no worse than say No, but they might say Yes,
    Best wishes