1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, interview tomorrow, I've been in a pru for 4 years, any tips?

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Lara mfl 05, Apr 5, 2011.

1. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh, neatly done, Lara!
    That is SO good!
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    www.tesweekendworkshop25.eventbrite.com
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

So busy being impressed by Lara that I forgot to say Well done for getting that interview!
    By popular demand! In response to Tessers e-mailing in: another Job Seminar now on Saturday 14th May:
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

4. Lara mfl 05

As the poster had an interview tomorrow & you'd already answered a couple of threads earlier, I'd sort of assumed you wouldn't be able to answer in time!
    Besides you've made it so easy for us with the pinned thread & clickables!

5. SueFlewitt

SueFlewitt New commenter

Thanks Lara and Theo, I've found those tips now, very helpful. Do you think it will be seen as a disadvantage that I've been out of mainstream education, how would you respond to a question that asks whether I am capable of working in mainstream after being out of it for so long?
    Sue

6. Lara mfl 05

You need to turn this into a positive.
    Many schools have students with special needs in mainstream these days which will has given you many strategies to deal with such children & how you look forward to the challenge of working with higher ability students &then refer to something in your observed lesson with your top set & how you were able to develop their learning.

7. SueFlewitt

SueFlewitt New commenter

Thanks Lara, your advice has been really helpful, I really appreciate it.

8. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

But you did a REALLY neat link to them!

SueFlew - you will fly through that interview with Lara's tips!