1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- Interview teaching observation

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sophiejayne23, May 2, 2012.

1. I have been asked to prepare a 20 minute numeracy activity using the following Year 2 objective:

Visualise common 3-D solids; identify shapes from pictures of them in different positions and orientations; sort, make and describe shapes, referring to their properties.

I don't think it is possible to devise one activity that encompasses all of the above or to deliver a number activities that would cover most of it in only 20 minutes. I would just like reassuring that it would be best to choose one aspect of the objective to focus on. Also, do you think I would be expected to do a 'mental oral starter' or would it be acceptable to go straight into introducing the activity?

Thank you in advance.

2. I have been asked to prepare a 20 minute numeracy activity using the following Year 2 objective:

Visualise common 3-D solids; identify shapes from pictures of them in different positions and orientations; sort, make and describe shapes, referring to their properties.

I don't think it is possible to devise one activity that encompasses all of the above or to deliver a number activities that would cover most of it in only 20 minutes. I would just like reassuring that it would be best to choose one aspect of the objective to focus on. Also, do you think I would be expected to do a 'mental oral starter' or would it be acceptable to go straight into introducing the activity?

Thank you in advance.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting that interview!
    Now your question is not a job application question, it is a teaching question . . . and so I'm not the best person to answer that.
    You might try asking on Primary.
    Have you read this thread, by the way, and the Interview clickables inside the Welcome thread?
    * * * * * Teaching a lesson at interview * * * * *
    We have a tradition on here that when you get a job, you start a brand new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job! I look forward to reading yours!
    Best wishes