1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Interview question that made me uncomfortable

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, May 8, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

A nice neat post with numbers. So easy to read! Unlike mine as I am back to pecking on my Kindle. Can you believe that now the techies have sorted my internet, there has now been a fire at the telephone exchane and no one has a phone for miles around! So scruffy and no paragraphs. Sigh. ( 1 ) If you are not desperate for a job, any job, then take care not to accept just any job. But on second thoughts you may feel it is a school you could work with to change. ( 2 ) Is spreaing Xtianity part of the job spec? If not, I would as Head have been comfortable with a candidate who replied along the lines of supporting the Xtian ethos of th school through example and PSME. Or whatever initials they use. PSHE that's it. I just hope you didn't say "I would have thought that was your job not mine." ( 3 ) Yes, effective preparation makes you confident and calm. Yes, the ES of a good candidate is always impressive. ( 4 ) No idea. The Govt guidelines tell them to get the reference before interview. Could be a slip up in the office. ( 5 ) A "No thanks" will at least save you the anguish of deciding. ( 6 ) Thank you for the complment. And for not joining those seminar goers who poke fun at my bald pate! Best wishes.