1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo! Interview presentation that will stand out!!!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by ilovekorma, May 29, 2012.

1. Dear Theo,

I have an interview for a primary post and have to deliver a 5 minute presentation on what I can bring to the school and 'why me' basically. I had the idea to use some sort of metaphor to describe me, rather than just standing there and saying the usually stuff that everyone will say with a PowerPoint. The Principal said we can bring a prop but I can't think of anything to bring. I was considering putting 3 images of animals on the board and linking their characteristics with mine, e.g the Ant, hardest working animal in the animal word, duck billed platypus is adaptable as am I, lyrebird, as it is innovative because it mimics natural and artificial sounds from their environment- OK, the links may be tenuous and I will elaborate, but it's difficult to think of ways to do a presentation that is unique and will stand out!
    Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

2. Dear Theo,

I have an interview for a primary post and have to deliver a 5 minute presentation on what I can bring to the school and 'why me' basically. I had the idea to use some sort of metaphor to describe me, rather than just standing there and saying the usually stuff that everyone will say with a PowerPoint. The Principal said we can bring a prop but I can't think of anything to bring. I was considering putting 3 images of animals on the board and linking their characteristics with mine, e.g the Ant, hardest working animal in the animal word, duck billed platypus is adaptable as am I, lyrebird, as it is innovative because it mimics natural and artificial sounds from their environment- OK, the links may be tenuous and I will elaborate, but it's difficult to think of ways to do a presentation that is unique and will stand out!
    Any ideas or advice would be greatly appreciated!
    Thanks!

3. Sillow

Sillow Lead commenter

My advice, Korma, would be to think of something that represents YOU. I can't really help, as I don't know you. Could you take something that's worked realy well in a lesson, or that links a passion you have to the job you're going for?
    I don't think the presentation will have to be too elaborate, but it wil have to describe you and how you would fit into the school. That's difficult for anyone to answer but yourself.

4. I think your idea sounds creative and fun, and will enable you to generate lots of ideas. Just don't really think that being innovative is to do with mimicking things... but I'm sure you can come up with suitable animals to show your strengths.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done for getting that interview!
    I'll tell you about HOW to do your presentation - basically keep it simple, clear, structured, don't talk too fast, but I am an Old Meany and will NOT help you with the content.
    That's mainly because it has to be YOU, not me or anyone else.
    Go on, put your thinking cap on, you CAN do it!
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes

6. Thanks everyone!! Lots of great ideas here... and yes I know... it has to be about me so only I can do it.. thanks though great ideas!