1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Interview on Monday (also birthday) - my application letter has mistakes in!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by davegrimesuk, Jun 18, 2011.

1. I have an interview on Monday for a school I really like! A girl on my current placement has also got a job at the school in september so I have been talking to her about the interview and expectations. She said that the head will go through my application and challenge the literacy level in it in the form of 'how do you rate the importance of literacy in schools?'.

Trouble is I have made 3 mistakes in the letter (which I checked, double checked etc)... should I simply apologise for them and say I recognise the importance of literacy in a child's development and the correlation this has on their life prospects etc...

Also... It is a school in a very diverse area and I want to demonstrate I have a commitment to EAL and was wondering what they are looking for in answers to EAL type questions?

I am also going to do a pictoral resource to demonstrate my commitment to EAL students?

Thanksssss in advance!

2. I have an interview on Monday for a school I really like! A girl on my current placement has also got a job at the school in september so I have been talking to her about the interview and expectations. She said that the head will go through my application and challenge the literacy level in it in the form of 'how do you rate the importance of literacy in schools?'.

Trouble is I have made 3 mistakes in the letter (which I checked, double checked etc)... should I simply apologise for them and say I recognise the importance of literacy in a child's development and the correlation this has on their life prospects etc...

Also... It is a school in a very diverse area and I want to demonstrate I have a commitment to EAL and was wondering what they are looking for in answers to EAL type questions?

I am also going to do a pictoral resource to demonstrate my commitment to EAL students?

Thanksssss in advance!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done on getting that interview! I wouldn't be too worried about the mistakes - they have selected you anyway!
    Q1 I wouldn't bring this up unless they do - and then you can grovel about a late-night application and you were horrified when you saw it after sending it off.
    Q2 Not a good idea for me to give an answer to a question - it has to be your own ideas, I'm afraid.
    Go into the Welcome thread and oopen the interview clickables - they give great tips for preparing for an interview.
    Good luck!

TheoGriff. Member of the TES Careers Advice Service.

I
    do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and often contribute to the
    Job Application Seminar Workshops. We look at application letters,
    executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people
    really appreciate.

See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.

Look forward to seeing you!

<a name="6816251">[/URL]