1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, interview observation...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by MDHowarth, Nov 20, 2011.

1. Hi Theo,
    I have an interview on tuesday and while I am confident in my ability during the interview I would love some advice on the observation.
    The school says they want a 15minute observation on storytime, would it be a good idea to ask how many children will be involved in the observation and the ability of the group?
    The school has 65% EAL children, so I was thinking of doing a story from another culture. Will they expect the children to do some writing during the lesson, obviously in my lesson plan I will need to show differentiation and how I will progress the childrens learning in future lessons.
    Is there anything else I should be doing or that they will be looking for?
    Many thanks for any advice,
    Matt

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

You seem pretty 'clued up' to me.
    15 mins isn't long to read a story and do some writing, unless it's responses on whiteboards whilst you're telling the story. In fact in my feedback from my recent interview I was told 'less is more'. So have your LO very clear and just expand on that rather than trying to do too much and expand into another area.
    Best of luck.