1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Interview lesson - asking for data.

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by dangerousdan, Feb 24, 2012.

1. I have an interview coming up for a HOD role and have to teach a lesson. The school have given me a topic, told me the year group, given me the amount of pupils and have said that one of the pupils is School Action on the SEN register.
    Ideally I would like more detail on the School Action child as well as a class register and the pupils target levels prior to interview day so that I can include this on my lesson plan paperwork.
    Not having attended many interviews before I am unsure whether it acceptable to contact the school to ask for this info; I feel that if I don't I could be creating a problem for myself. However, I also don't want to come across as too pushy before interview or make requests when it isn't the done thing.
    Any opinions or advice gratefully received!

Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, go ahead and contact them. They may give you the information (and Brownie Points for asking), or they may not.
    If the latter, you are in no worse a position - you ask so that you can do the very best by the pupils, which is a positive.
    Well done for getting that interview. Read through the tips in the Interview clickables in the Welcome thread at the top of the thread, they should be helpful.
    It's a tradition on here that when you get a job, you start a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job! This encourages others. We look forward to yours!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 17th March.
    www.tesweekendworkshop90.eventbrite.com