1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - interview decisions

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Nov 6, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Because she calls herself chica - which is not Cornish but Spanish!
    [​IMG]
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

How stupid of me - the obvious answer! I just assumed chica was Cornish too!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

[​IMG]
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

4. Thank you so much Theo, feeling much better and just concentrating on getting through the first one now!
    PS I am an MFL primary graduate and did use to live in Cornwall so your guesses are pretty good! [​IMG]

5. Hi Theo and everyone who responded, I got offered the first job, and I accepted immediately! I went for the second lesson observation as I was waiting, but do you know, I actually got a much better vibe from the interview at the first school than I had expected, they were really friendly and put me at ease straight away. So wooh1 Got the job and think I will really enjoy working there!! [​IMG]

6. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So what are you waiting for? Go psot your new 'Dear Theo I got the job' thread to encourage others, who might not have read this thread!

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, it's a lovely tradition on this Forum that when you get a job, you start a new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Then you get one of my stars (got the Brasso tin out last night to start shining them up), and other people congratulate you, and every poster on here who was feeling a bit down gets a surge of hope because, yes, there are jobs out there, and following advice on this Forum does get results.
    :)
    Off you go and start that new thread.
    Best wishes