1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - Interview at school I attended

Discussion in 'Independent' started by TheoGriff, Jun 12, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done - excellent news!
    First pop over to the JobSeekers Forum and open the Welcome thread there. Inside are some clickables with tips about preparing for interviews in general.
    As for whether this will be different, well each school will be different! But in general, an indy school is just looking for an outstanding teacher, who is also very much committed to its ethos.
    So how will you contribute to the wider school community - think of all the clubs and activities. Coping with demanding parents? How will you really ensure high aspirations and high standards for your pupils?
    Do a search here on Independent for "interview" - that will give you some other posters' views.
    Best of luck!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    www.tesweekendworkshop29.eventbrite.com
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

P.S.

Order this book quickly from Amazon - it tells you all about doing a lesson for observation.

[​IMG]
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    New <u>Job Seminars</u> on Sunday 26 June.
    Probably more in the early autumn ready for the next lot of job ads to come out. Keep an eye out for the dates!

A new <u>Moving into Headship and SLT</u> seminar is on 18 June.
    See the full programme www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.Look forward to seeing you!

3. Thank you!
    I had a quick look around the forums last night at similar threads to mine and you have given lots of good advice to others (and now me!) The book is on order!

4. noemie

noemie Occasional commenter

Our school almost always gives preference to ex-students over other candidates - it's a good advert for the school. Not the approach I would take to be honest, but I can see the logic behind it. Having said that, I also know that they're looking at quality, so brush up on your interview skills, like Theo suggested. But you're right, your passion for the school will come through in a way no one else would, and if you're an excellent teacher as well, it's pretty much a no-brainer for the school (or should be). Good luck!