1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - interview at outanding school

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by caseydee, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Morning
    I have a Leadership interview at an outstanding school and have to present what I think I might achieve in my first year.
    The last Ofsted was a few years ago and by all accounts this school is at the top of its game.
    I am unsure what to focus on - any ideas?
    Would talking about what opportunities working at such a school could give me be OK? Or is not enough about what I can give them! How do I suggest little old me can make their amazing school better.
    Any suugestions much appreciated.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well . . .
    Well . . .
    Well . . .
    Whose benefit is the appointment for? Your benefit,or theirs?
    I'll now say what I should have said at the start - well done for getting that interview! You must be really pleased about that success.
    But it is not appropriate for me to give you any ideas about the content of a presentation, any more than it would be for me or anyone to give lesson plan ideas for a teaching post. It's got to be YOU and YOUR ideas that they see.
    You're just feeling too nervous to be able to think straight, but I bet that you can really think it through for yourself.
    I send you my best wishes for the Big Day - but if it doesn't come off, then the Sunday 15th May needs to be in your diary. I am doing one of the eEnior Leadership seminars about how to get a SLT post.
    This thread about the last one gives you some details: Next seminar on Moving to Senior Leadership to be on 13 March The feedback after this one in March ranged from Ecellent to Brilliant!, so my colleague and I must have been doing something right!
    Fingers crossed for you.
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me in on Saturday 2 April.
    www.tesweekendworkshop19.eventbrite.com
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!