1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: independent school application form

Discussion in 'Independent' started by toastandtea, Sep 30, 2015.

1. toastandtea

toastandtea New commenter

Dear Theo,

I'm applying for an assistant head post in an independent school and am almost ready to send off my application but having just proof read it (for about the millionth time!) I'm worried that I also need to include my CV...
    In one of the sections it says:

Give below, details of the main duties of your previous post/s, together with any further information which you consider is relevant to your application.
    You may prefer to provide this information by means of a typed Curriculum Vitae. If so, please enclose this with the completed Application Form.

Does this mean I do need to include a CV or is it still ok to include the main details of the posts I've held within this section? Or is it expecting both? I've also written a covering letter and executive summary based on your other advice in other forums!
    Thanks

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

The instruction asks you to provide this information either on the form or in a CV.

So do as you prefer! But don't do both, that would be overkill. :D

Good! I am hoping that Nu-TES will have these advice articles up and running over the next few days . . .