1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I'm totally confused!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Mar 27, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Me again, asking questions, sorry!
    I know I'm always confused, but more so than usual[​IMG]!. I've seen a job that I could apply for, but it starts in April. The problem is that I should be finishing on 30th March, but apparently my agency said they want to extend my contract until the summer. <u>BUT </u>the school haven't said anything to me, and I can NEVER find the person I need to ask.
    Should I just apply to this other school anyway, assuming I'm going to finish in 3 days time, knowing that I probably wouldn't get aan interview anyway, or just continue applying for permanent teaching posts in September [​IMG]?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yes, you apply.
    Apply for all posts after Easter, May, or September.
    If they then ask you to stay, you still go to any interviews that you get, and then decide whether to stay or move if these interviews result in an offer.
    Why not? You have got others!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

3. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Thank you for your advice as ever Theo [​IMG]!

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

If you've heard nothing 'official' from your school, that's a very good reason for applying elsewhere. Might even make your school appreciate what a gem they've got in you.