1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: I'm in!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by pixiepie, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Hi Theo, I was accepted into the SCE NQT pool on Tuesday! Now I have to go through security clearance and although no guarantee of a post for September, I'm praying some nice HT will want me. I'm not sure what the odds are like but they did say every NQT in their pool has been given a job within 12 months, you just have to be patient.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

YIPPEE!
    I think that deserves a sparkly star . . . .
    You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, PixiePie!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Here's fingers crossed for a really interesting post! Do tell us when you hear.

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well done![​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here's spme balloons to start the celebrations and you can 'break out' the champgane when you post you've actually got a job in a school (Don't mention the area or school though. Just 'I've got my school from my LA pool! will do.)

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

It's a SCE post, so you jolly well HAD better tell us where it is, as we are dying to know! Well, I am anyway.
    That's the whole thrill of SCE - you could end up in some pretty interesting parts of the world.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Oops! I'm now kicking myself as that was always what I was going to do after the required minimium 2 years teaching experience (as it used to be). But then met my husband who wasn't so keen on the idea.
    Do tell us then and I can be even more jealous!

6. It could be anywhere, but it will most likely be somewhere in Germany! Maybe be will bump into each other!.

Good luck!