1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I'm a bit confused! . . .

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Feb 11, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

. . .Well more than usual!
    One of the schools I'm applying to has bullet points of 'will be able to and prepared to display the following skills and apptitudes', and then it lists the bullet points for what they're looking for, under the heading of Person Specification. That's fine - I understand that. This is in the general letter from the Head, along with the description of the position, etc. However there is another letter which outlines the job description, which asks about your knowledge and understanding, planning, teaching and classroom management, monitoring and assessing, and then other professional requirements. Some of the Person Spec bullet points do overlap in the two letters, but not all. I know if they overlap, then obviously to just use one, but I am not sure which Person spec to go from?!? Sorry forgot to mention this is for an E.S!
    Sorry, am totally confused[​IMG]. May be obvious to someone else. Thanks.

2. welshchocoholic1

. . .Well more than usual!
    One of the schools I'm applying to has bullet points of 'will be able to and prepared to display the following skills and apptitudes', and then it lists the bullet points for what they're looking for, under the heading of Person Specification. That's fine - I understand that. This is in the general letter from the Head, along with the description of the position, etc. However there is another letter which outlines the job description, which asks about your knowledge and understanding, planning, teaching and classroom management, monitoring and assessing, and then other professional requirements. Some of the Person Spec bullet points do overlap in the two letters, but not all. I know if they overlap, then obviously to just use one, but I am not sure which Person spec to go from?!? Sorry forgot to mention this is for an E.S!
    Sorry, am totally confused[​IMG]. May be obvious to someone else. Thanks.

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Use as many of them from both that are (a) important (b) you can show that you do them in spades (c) fit on one page.

Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com

4. welshchocoholic1

Thanks Theo[​IMG]!
    Oh dear - have just cut about a page of their bullet points. Still 27 left, and 1 and a half pages, without my bit[​IMG]. Oh. no!

5. welshchocoholic1

Grrr ! [​IMG]-but I am!). Sigh!