1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo- I think I got the job...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by sadandconfused, Mar 31, 2011.

1. I went for interview, but didn't get it. Then today I got a phonecall offering me something slightly different - which I verbally accepted.
    Now feeling a tad worried - they're not likely to go back on the offer are they?

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well done!
    That's a real success - they were obviously so impressed by you that they decided not to even advertise that job!
    You're a star, a twinkly star!
    [​IMG]
    Super, super, super!
    No, they cannot legally now withdraw that offer; an oral offer and acceptance is binding on both sides. Unless . . .
    Unless they stated a condition such as Subject to satisfactory references and medical report which you then fail.
    Which is not very common.
    Just sit back, relax, and let that warm glow wash over you.
    Jolly well done!
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Workshops. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews. The next Job Application seminar where you can meet me is on Saturday 2 April.
    The next Moving onto Leadship seminar is Sunday 15th May.
    http://tesweekendworkshop24.eventbrite.com/
    E-mail Julia on advice@tsleducation.com for how to book a meeting with me personally.
    Look forward to seeing you!

3. oooh thank you for the star Theo
    And I can only echo what every one else says - your advice really does work! Used an executive summary (actually didn't quite follow the advice as the way my authority works it can't be added as an attachement so I did my ES in the covering email) and read the interview tips.
    It's a temporary post with some possibility of extension according to budgets. I'm hopeful that it will all come to fruition and that I won't need to go to any more interviews for a while!

To anyone else who's reading this...follow Theo's advice, he knows his stuff!

4. congratulations! Very well done [​IMG]