1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, I haven't won the lottery BUT ...................

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by welshchocoholic1, Mar 29, 2012.

1. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

......... I have some good news [​IMG]!

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Go on then. Spill the beans!
    [​IMG]

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, I HAVE won the lottery!
    I took along a ticket that I happened to find in my wallet, to discover that I had won £7.36.
    They do give you funny amounts, don't they?
    So, if it's not winning the lottery . . . is it good news Job wise? Or has your uncle in Australia written to say that he wants to adopt you?
    Tell, tell, tell!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I'm not going to sit here all evening waiting, you know!
    I've got to plan how to spend my £7.36p.
    I shall now go and consult my file of Things to do when I win the lottery.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

And Lara wants to know too, you should think of poor Lara, worrying her little socks off trying to think what it could be.
    Best wishes

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

I have a full day teaching tomorrow, starting off with Reception at 9.00. So I shall have to sharpen up my plans, dust off my luminous caterpillar . . .
    Come on, bach, let's have it!
    Best wishes

7. welshchocoholic1

Sorry - went out.
    They want me to stay in school until the end of the summer term [​IMG]

8. welshchocoholic1

[​IMG] Congratulations!
    Don't let it goto your head though - that's a LOT of money!
    Yes - I l know I just posted, but didn't mean to just then [​IMG].
    Also I am going to be having the loan of a car for the term so I wont have to get up at 4.30-5.00, and not get back until about 7.30pm - I was earlier tonight though.

9. welshchocoholic1

Sorry Lara[​IMG]! Hope that you had some good ideas in your file of 'Things to do when I win the lottery'!

10. Lara mfl 05

"They want me to stay in my school until the end of the summer term.! [​IMG]
    See how they want you! [​IMG]
    " Also I am going to be having the loan of a car for the term so I wont
    have to get up at 4.30-5.00, and not get back until about 7.30pm"
    Even better, that some kind person will do that for you!
    That's really good news.

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Huh.
    You were doing that deliberately to keep us guessing.
    *sulks*
    What do we say? What do we tell you when you say that you are no good?
    WHAT DO WE TELL YOU AND YOU DON'T EVER EVER EVER LISTEN TO US!
    So good news then. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Best wishes

12. welshchocoholic1

Haha - No I wasn't! Hope yo're not still sulking [​IMG]!
    [​IMG]! I know, I know - I have to have more confidence and believe in myself- and yes, I know I take a lot of convincing on this front!
    Hehehe - that's more smileys' than I have EVER put in a post [​IMG]!
    P.S Hope you enjoy your day with reception [​IMG]

13. Lara mfl 05

Completely endorse this comment![​IMG]
    And just because I'm trying to use as many icons as possible [​IMG]to remind you of that car.
    And a dog to keep you company.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]Music to listen to on your way.
    Take time to [​IMG]

14. Oh well done Welshie, I am not clever enough to know how to send you any pictures, but doubt I could do any better than those already on here. You are obviously a brilliant teacher!!

15. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

See? SEE? S E E ?
    Have a good weekend, you brilliant teacher!
    Best wishes

16. welshchocoholic1

Thanks Seagirl [​IMG]. Not a brilliant teacher though. Just had another rejection letter waiting for me.
    Thanks for the dog Lara, and all the other icons - off to see my dog this weekend [​IMG]
    Hope you all have a good a good weekend too [​IMG]
    Yay - Easter holidays [​IMG]!