1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, I have two interviews next week

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by TheoGriff, Nov 18, 2011.

1. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Well, what excellent news! Well done you!
    Do the search, and just remember this: it will be something that you have done day in, day out, when you were on teaching practice or supply.
    It'll be a doddle!
    We look forward to you starting your new thread called Dear Theo - I got that job!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

2. Well, it didn't go well today.

3. I assume from your post that you didn't get the job - no worries we have all been there. Now for the future. Can you identify what didn't go well - hard given the stress you were under - but great if you can. Where you given useful feedback - hit and miss this one. I only ask this to clarify your mind for your next interview. Maybe this job wasn't for you - keep smiling, it's the only way we get through this!

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

So today was jus the practice run, and the real one is still to come.
    Review the daym what went well, what didn't, how you could have improved it, what will go better next time because you will X and Y and Z.
    Then get your teeth stuck into this:
    [​IMG]
    And go to the Flowers thread . . .
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

here's a little cheer you up piccie.
    [​IMG]
    Then pop along to the Flowers thread specially for all us disappointees!

6. Thanks everyone. The day went well up until the actual interview! No one got the job! They said my lesson was great, lovely personality, good relationships with the children but I didn't sell myself in the interview. I found the questions really hard going. They've asked me to do supply for them. Anyone, onwards and upwards.
    xx

7. Gutted for you not getting the job but the supply is great news. As well as giving you an income for now, it is also something you can really 'big up' on application forms (that the school has asked for you to be their regular supply teacher). This in itself is a real achievement in the current climate!!! Well done!

8. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

I agree with Kitkat, that being asked back as a regular supply is a real compliment.
    If they didn't appoint you never know you might get it next time.
    Let's trust it's the beginning of lots of work for you.

9. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

That's really good news[​IMG]. I got my longest teaching role from being unsuccessful in an interview, so you never know! x

10. Well, I didn't get the second one either. They said I gave the best interview but the person who got the job's lesson had more of a journey.
    Back to the application forms today!

11. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

More of a journey? More of a journey?
    Why don't they speak in English instead of gobbledy-gook.
    [​IMG]
    But you did VERY WELL to get that interview, so you can feel confident as you fill in some more forms!
    Best wishes