1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, I have got the job ...

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Ozzie777, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Ozzie777

Ozzie777 New commenter

I am struggling to believe I am writing this . thought I was destined to be perpetually applying for jobs! The school is a pleasant small (approx 600 students) secondary, which will suit me very well as I find my feet as an NQT. Starts in January, but they will give me some supply work in the meantime. Thanks for all the support I have received on this forum.

2. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Congratulations Ozzie777 [​IMG]! x

3. Ozzie777

Ozzie777 New commenter

Thanks for all your messages - really appreciated. I hope the fact that I finally got a job will encourage others to keep trying. I had 9 interviews and had been applying for jobs for about a year. I think my age has been against me in some cases (older than some headteachers and usually older than most HODs) ... especially as I am an NQT. Good luck to those still trying to get a post. I am greatly appreciative of this forum - especially at the darkest times of my job search.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Then put a bouquet on the Flowers thread
    Flowers . . .
    But practice first on the other thread!
    OK. Practice posting your flowers here :)
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars