1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo, I have an interview!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by thm16, Mar 14, 2016.

1. thm16

thm16 New commenter

Firstly just wanted to say thank you for your very useful blog posts about obtaining an interview! They work! :D

Secondly my question is on differentiation at interviews. I am an NQT with only one previous interview experience. Logistically how is it done? I know how I want to differentiate my lesson (reception aged children) on paper but not sure how to deliver it without knowing the children. Should I simply ask the TA (who I will have to support) on which ability group the children fall into? or is the expectation that I can quickly identify the abilities of the children? I hope this makes some sense!

Thanks!

p.s sorry if this is one of those questions that can't be advised on.

2. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh well done! have you found all the interview advice? tag me @TheoGriff if not.

Goodness, you cannot possibly identify ability levels in 24 or more children in a few minutes! You could start off by contacting the school and asking if there is any additional information about the children that they could give you, and then ask the TA to help you identify the children yo uhave decided to target.

Best wishes