1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - i have a job too!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Freudster, Dec 10, 2011.

1. Freudster

Freudster New commenter

Dear Theo
    Just to say thank you for your advice too. I have a two term maternity contract.

Just wanted to say to everyone on here
    1. You will know when you make that 'extra connection' with a school. I kept being told this would happen and when it did it was so obvious! This connection became more and more apparent through all the stages of the interview - teaching, school council interview and formal interview. The best bit was the teaching. I had planned an exciting activity which so absorbed everyone (observers too) that I over ran, the children sighed in frustration, I tried to finish the lesson and asked if I should clear up whereby the children looked very unimpressed! I then offered to finish the lesson up to break, after checking the timetable for the day the Head said yes please! I taught the whole class for nearly an hour!
    2. If you are doing supply regularly at a school, ask someone if they could observe you - it helped me to keep focussed. Eventually they may offer to give you that up to date reference. Funnily enough this happened to me but the offer to be a referee came 3 days before the interview (I was successful at)!

Good luck to everyone applying or recently appointed.
    and
    MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Freudster

2. Freudster

Freudster New commenter

Dear Theo
    Just to say thank you for your advice too. I have a two term maternity contract.

Just wanted to say to everyone on here
    1. You will know when you make that 'extra connection' with a school. I kept being told this would happen and when it did it was so obvious! This connection became more and more apparent through all the stages of the interview - teaching, school council interview and formal interview. The best bit was the teaching. I had planned an exciting activity which so absorbed everyone (observers too) that I over ran, the children sighed in frustration, I tried to finish the lesson and asked if I should clear up whereby the children looked very unimpressed! I then offered to finish the lesson up to break, after checking the timetable for the day the Head said yes please! I taught the whole class for nearly an hour!
    2. If you are doing supply regularly at a school, ask someone if they could observe you - it helped me to keep focussed. Eventually they may offer to give you that up to date reference. Funnily enough this happened to me but the offer to be a referee came 3 days before the interview (I was successful at)!

Good luck to everyone applying or recently appointed.
    and
    MERRY CHRISTMAS
    Freudster

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done!
    Super, super, super!

Freudster, that's just great - and helpful comments too. <u>I like the idea about asking to be observed when you do supply - excellent!</u>

[​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Hope you are doing all this - the advice is really important ***
    You must be feeling SO pleased to have a job, and can now relax for Christmas!
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars

4. marlin

marlin Star commenter Forum guide

Excellent news Freudster! [​IMG]
    Congratulations!
    [​IMG]
    Time to celebrate! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Just wanted to add my congratulations.
    [​IMG]

6. welshchocoholic1

welshchocoholic1 Senior commenter

Well done Freudstar[​IMG]!
    [​IMG]

7. Wanted to add my congrats. It's always lovely to hear good news.

[​IMG]

They're conga rats!

8. Well done you! Congratulations - and Happy Christmas!