1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo... I got the.... second interview!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by LucSki, Mar 23, 2012.

1. Nearly there!!!
    Good old Indy schools doing a 2 round application! Got shortlisted to 12 ..had interviews today and now down to 3 candidates so very happy!
    Have to teach a lesson and have another interview next week...
    Not sure if this is good or bad but theyre not telling us what the lesson is until we get there! we then have 40 mins to plan the lesson at the school.. we then have to teach it.
    It could be EYFS or KS1 soooo Im reading 'pimp your lesson', printing out the info on the clickables and taking a bag full of resources and hoping for the best!
    Any other advice in this situation welcome! - should I take my laptop so I can print out a lesson plan?!
    In the meantime I'm going to find a beer garden [​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

Well congratulations on getting this far. [​IMG] mini drink to celebrate!(Saving the 'bubbly' for when you get it!)
    You sound well sorted for the observed lesson, so
    BEST OF LUCK! Add yourself to our Interview Reminders thread too.

3. Oh well done you let us know how you get on !

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Oh jolly good! That is REALLY good news!
    May I suggest - you can ignore this if you don't fancy it - that you take a soft sponge ball (tennis ball size) that you can use to throw at a child whom you want to answer a question? Helpful if you don't know names. But get a feel of the class first - it might cause an over-excited riot.
    You have a laptop with a printer? Wow!
    I wouldn't. I would go for handwritten (but take a series of blanks in case they don't give you one, or you don't like theirs). because you don't want to be reliant on the flipping technology not dying on you just as you finish it . . .
    Looking forward to that Dear Theo - i got the job!
    Best wishes

5. Lara mfl 05

This is something I learnt many moons ago when training in MFL. We used an airflow ball then, but I now have a selection of various bean bags now, dependant on the age of the children.

6. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

7. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Both.
    Just about anything.
    Except the football results.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

8. Lara mfl 05

Great minds think alike Theo ( if I dare liken myself to Your Greatness)! I used one of these,(your luminous caterpillars) but in a ring shape at my last interview!

9. Panic setting in again!! ...

I know it's for either ks1 or reception.. Would you have 3 math and 3 lit activities ready in notes or just a load of starters and plenary ideas and hope the rest appears in your brain?!

Really worried I'm going to blank out and do something 'easy' and safe. I need to show I can be creative and fun but just worried it won't come!!

Thaaaaanks xxx

10. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

We need to have a standard notice on here:
    [​IMG]
    In fact, you might like to try reading a bit of the Hitchhiker's Guide to calm you down!
    Come on, you can do this! have a few ideas jotted down, but also be prepared to modify them as necessary. Don't stick like grim death to something unsuitable.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    For the full TES Weekend Workshop programme please visit www.tes.co.uk/careerseminars or contact advice@tes.co.uk for one-to-one sessions.

11. After a fretfull day I think I just need to have a bath and go to bed and hope for the best!
    Going to take some resources in and some ideas on a pen drive (and my laptop just in case no acess to a computer) and hope that I can cobble something together tomorrow. I think the fear is getting in the way of my normal mental state.
    Surely until one knows the subject/class age/time there isnt really a lot of preperation one can do?!
    Will let you know how it goes and if I completely blank out or not! x