1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo... I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by harrypottergeek, Feb 12, 2016.

1. harrypottergeek

harrypottergeek New commenter

Dear Theo et al,
    For the first time since I qualified in 2011 I don't have to keep looking at the job ads! I've gone from fixed term contract, to maternity cover, to maternity cover etc and was getting to the point where I'd had enough. In January I started yet another maternity cover post (having promised myself I would only apply for permanent posts) and a couple of weeks in another member of the department handed in their notice. I applied for the job and yesterday was interviewed and offered the role. I am thrilled to bits and although I haven't posted much on here I wanted to post my good news.

Firstly; I want to thank Theo and everyone on here for the fantastic advice which I have spent countless hours poring over.

Secondly; I know when I've felt at my lowest it has been good to read bits of the forums and know I'm not alone. I've been "a very close second" to several jobs I really wanted but I know that the job I have now is an even better fit and although the journey has been really frustrating I've ended up in the perfect place for me... and without the annoying fixed term posts I wouldn't be here and wouldn't have come to realise where my niche is. So if you're feeling disheartened please have faith that it will all come right in the end! And above all don't lose faith in your own abilities!

Xxx

2. cleversparkle

cleversparkle New commenter

3. digoryvenn

digoryvenn Lead commenter

Congratulations and well done for not giving up.
    Good luck.

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Yippee!

You're a Star, a Sparkly Star, @harrypottergeek !

And I expect that other posters will want to congratulate you too, as you give them hope for their own job seeking.

[​IMG]

You've really done yourself proud with that job offer, so you get a star!

Makes sense to read and follow the advice!

Yes, keep strong everyone.

Now go and read the advice for the next stage:

Got a job offer? What to do next!

And if you have even more time, read this one too:

Get yourself organised!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Best wishes

5. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

What fantastic news @harrypottergeek and such an inspiring post to encourage others.

After 6 years to finally 'get the one' must be a great feeling!

As you have pointed out all those long-term but temporary posts have contributed to your experience, making you a better teacher and giving you pointers as to the type of school you need to bring out the best in you.
    [​IMG]

6. harrypottergeek

harrypottergeek New commenter

Thank you all!