1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded education professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo.... I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by Ranek, May 16, 2012.

1. I'm a long time lurker on these boards and wanted to thank everyone for the advice I've read on interviews and interview lessons!

I applied for 5 jobs, had 4 interviews but always fell at the final hurdle! So for anyone out there struggling, stick with it!

Thanks again!

2. Sheeee

Sheeee New commenter

Well done!!

Now, if you could pass some of that luck my way for the next 2 days... :D

3. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So perseverance has paid off though in fact 4 interviews from 5 applications is a very successful ratio, depends on the timescale of course. Anyway CONGRATULATIONS! Time to celebrate that success.
    [​IMG]

4. Thanks! That's the feedback I kept getting, you've done very well to get that many interviews.. but it never quite makes up for that feeling of receiving that rejection phone call..

5th time lucky it seems, I was consistently told that my answers were great, but I talked too quickly in interview.

I tried to really focus on this today and was told by the head of department that "I did indeed speak to quickly, but so does he and we can work on it easily enough". So stick with it everyone, you'll find the school that's right for you!

5. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, Ranek!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now go and read this thread - bump it when you have read it.
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    We love to hear success stories from Lurkers . . .
    And for other hopefuls out there:
    Dear Theo - I got the job! (Plus evidence of why going to the TES seminar is a good idea)
    Best wishes