1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo - I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by PinkHelen, Apr 5, 2012.

1. PinkHelen

PinkHelen New commenter

Went for my interview yesterday, and was offered the job before I even left the building - yay! Thanks for all the help Theo - the stuff in the clickables was really useful, and especially thanks for the help with all those blooming forms!

I'm off to read the "what to do when you get the job" thread now [​IMG]

2. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

So, CONGRATULATIONS! Well done and hope the job turns out to be everything you hoped for.
    As promised your celebratory Break out the
    [​IMG].
    By the by it can take quite a while for that contract to arrive-possibly 6 weeks after starting the post! However rest assured in law a 'verbal contract' is binding and you will need to withdraw from the other interviews.

3. msmuse

msmuse New commenter

Hey PinkHelen - well done!!
    I thought about you yesterday, and am so pleased at your news! Now you don't need the interview on the 20th - i will be alone now [​IMG]

4. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

Normally within a day or two - but of course it is now holidays time, so will be delayed.
    However, because it is holiday time, this also means that the other interviews won't be immnediately either, so no rush.
    I cannot think of any reason why they would decide to withdraw an offer made verbally and accepted, so don't get nervous - just enjoy those Easter Eggs!
    Best wishes