1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, welcome to the TES Community!

Connect with like-minded professionals and have your say on the issues that matter to you.

Don't forget to look at the how to guide.

Dismiss Notice

Dear Theo: I got the job!

Discussion in 'Jobseekers' started by southlondonteacher, Feb 11, 2012.

1. I have just been offered a fantastic promotion in an amazing school and didn't even have to teach a demonstration lesson! I still don't quite believe it because it feels like i've jumped up two promotions in one.
    I forgot to include an Executive Summary in my application so made sure that I brought one to the interview and drew their attention to it. I also brought an example of lesson plans, strategic planning documents and assessment tools i've created. All went down very well and the panel had a good look at them.
    So happy!

2. I have just been offered a fantastic promotion in an amazing school and didn't even have to teach a demonstration lesson! I still don't quite believe it because it feels like i've jumped up two promotions in one.
    I forgot to include an Executive Summary in my application so made sure that I brought one to the interview and drew their attention to it. I also brought an example of lesson plans, strategic planning documents and assessment tools i've created. All went down very well and the panel had a good look at them.
    So happy!

3. TheoGriff

TheoGriff Star commenter

You're a star, a twinkly star! Well done to you, S.L.Teacher!

Super, super, super!
    [​IMG]
    Now read this and Bump it:
    Got a Job Offer? What to do now . . .
    *** Do read it - very important to get everything right! ***
    Two excellent examples of good practice for interviews.
    You must have produced a superb application, and then backed it up with a stunning interview.
    Best wishes
    I do Application and Interview one-to-ones, and also contribute to the Job Application Seminars. We look at application letters, executive summaries and interviews, with practical exercises that people really appreciate.
    I shall be doing the Win That Teaching Job seminar on Saturday February 25th, and also the Moving into Headship or SLT seminar on Saturday 18th February
    www.tesweekendworkshop87.eventbrite.com
    www.tesweekendworkshop82.eventbrite.com

4. Lara mfl 05

Lara mfl 05 Star commenter

"I still don't quite believe it because it feels like i've jumped up two promotions in one."
    Absolutely fantactic news.
    Break out the 'bubbly'!
    [​IMG]